Associate Director Behavioural Change
Designing the ‘future of work’ has never been more exciting; with disrupted norms and tremendous opportunities to align brand, office, culture and employee experience to create the next generation of workplaces. Our role requires an engaging and experienced person interested in cultural and behavioural change, how it connects to brand and employee experience, and how it can be influenced by carefully curated interventions and innovative workplace design.
The ideal candidate must have behavioural change experience and/or workplace consultancy experience in complex environments, be able to design and deliver programmes of change, be highly collaborative and have excellent client relationship and communication skills.
Essential criteria for the role is experience in complex stakeholder environments, proactive in client management, and to be resilient to change themselves in order to support clients through disruptive, continuous and unprecedented levels of change.
Flexibility and adaptability are also critical in order to adapt working knowledge and experience into this emerging, integrated field of work.
This role sits within the Consultancy team which consists of workplace consultants and behavioural change consultants. The design of new ways of working and accompanying behavioural change roadmap will be led by you, for our clients, but is to be developed and designed in parallel with, and add value to, existing strategic design and workplace consultancy solutions in order to provide our clients with a holistic solution.
AIM OF THE ROLE
This role is to support deliver an outstanding consultancy service to our clients. The role assumes ownership, responsibility and accountability for the delivery of strong projects and programmes; managing client relationships and delivering quality whilst effectively managing resources and cost to ensure profitability for projects under their remit.
CORE REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ROLE
Consultancy, Facilitation, Coaching & Training
Taking responsibility to deliver sound strategic and comprehensive project briefs supported by creative design solutions and using tools and processes including:
- Work alongside Workplace Consultants, Strategists, Designers and Architects to obtain requirements for future ways of working and behaviours o build detailed understanding of current employee and leadership cultures and drivers for change.
- Use facilitation and coaching skills to ensure that interactions with clients are layered to be enabling and engaging and moving hearts and minds towards desired behavioural outcomes
- Design and deliver highly engaging, informative, and interactive workshops andtraining courses to support the shift of behaviours successfully within cultural context
- Design and deliver appropriate and cost-effective interventions that will diagnose change support requirements for our clients in parallel with workplace findings and recommendations
- Coaching and developing senior leaders and managers to shift behaviours and role model and successfully lead change
- Using the holistic view of an organisation to design bespoke interventions in order to utilise and leverage cultural behaviours and drivers to create desired outcomes.
Consultancy & Project Management
- Competently and with excellent emotional intelligence; work alongside project team members to build a holistic brief.
- Information, insights, recommendations, and teachings will need to be communicated in highly engaging ways to ensure robust understanding, as well as collated into reports, presentations and other communications in a coherent and articulate manner.
- Design and deliver appropriate and tailored interventions to drive behavioural change, creating appropriate documentation (approaches, strategies, project plans etc.) and content (workshop presentations, agendas, tools, frameworks) as required
- With the Director of Consultancy, agree the required deliverables to ensure we are neither over or under servicing our client and that all outputs are aligned to our Scope of Services
- Monitor progress of team and take action/inform where the performance deviates from the agreed plan, ensure team is compliant with project plan
Developing & Delivering Change
- Support the process of winning work by attending client interviews and assisting in the preparation of project proposals.
- Describe, explain and deliver the change process, interventions and strategies required to deliver successful behavioural change
- Develop and build on existing tools and methodologies to enhance and deepen our change offer
- Write communications and project documents in engaging, inspiring and influential ways to support the change programme
- Pro-actively research and be curious about emerging workplace and behavioural change trends and participate in the assembly of information that will assist in the creation of internal and external MCM expert knowledge.
Key Skills & Experience
- At least 5 years of experience leading complex projects
- Experience in line managing and leading a matrix team
- Robust knowledge of behavioural cultural change processes
- Sound senior stakeholder management skills
- Excellent facilitating, training and coaching skills
- Ability to navigate your way through complex issues to provide the client with simple tangible solutions
- Previous experience within an agency/design practice would be beneficial
Are you an MCM’er?
If you are passionate about Design, interested in the future of work, sustainability, well-being, and you love working in a collaborative team with super influential people, then we are the team for you.
We are always open to new ideas and always hold a space for those who want to share their thoughts and visions for the industry. We also want to see each other grow personally and professionally and to really enjoy being part of a unique company.
Apply with your CV by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
Associate Director Behavioural Change