As our BIM practices evolve, in the role of BIM Co-ordinator you will join the Production team and support the BIM Manager in embedding BIM strategy and processes across the practice.
The core activities outlined below represent an overview of the position of a BIM Co-ordinator and should not be seen as a prescriptive list of activities. The level of additional activities will vary depending on the demands of the core role. A flexible responsive approach is vital, together with initiative in identifying and focusing on what needs to be done in order to contribute to the achievement of business objectives and innovation in design.
Subject to demands this may involve supporting project technical design.
Aim of the Role
- Ensure effective delivery of MCM projects using Revit and BIM in compliance with MCM standards, on behalf of the Production Team.
- Continuous management of the development of staff Revit and BIM skills and knowledge.
- General Revit / BIM support.
- Managing and structuring staff Revit and Production training development.
- Provide technical and Revit inductions to new starters.
- Develop training for all MCM standards, processes and protocols.
- Co-ordinate and track Revit training, Identifying the various levels of user competency and devise training schemes to suit.
- Provide Production workshops for senior members of staff to help develop the collective understanding of BIM and Revit.
- Project specific training where applicable to specific standards, software and processes.
- On hand support to field queries from users.
- Track user support to inform future training and general competency.
- Responsible for the setting up of new projects to suit the deliverables.
- Provide one-to-one support to project teams on best practices.
- Troubleshoot any Revit related problems to maintain consistent workflows.
- Monitor projects (and model managers) to ensure standards are maintained.
- Manage regular project workshops to review project models.
- Pro-actively resolve issues, leveraging BIM and Revit.
- Liaise with BIM Manager to configure new projects to suit deliverables.
- Assess the BIM requirements on each project and ensure all required data is precent.
- Support project teams to deliver Revit projects in line with MCM standards.
- Provide assistance on project work where required.
- Attend BIM Project Start-up Meetings and further meetings where required.
Procedures and Protocols
- Contribute to the development of MCM BIM and Revit systems and standards.
- Make informed suggestions to improve the efficiency of workflows.
- Research and stay informed on new industry methods.
- Attend conferences, seminars, and workshops for BIM; bringing back learning and disseminating the information to appropriate teams.
Are you an MCM’er?
If you are passionate about Design, interested in the future of work, sustainability, well-being, and you love working in a collaborative team with super influential people, then we are the team for you.
We are always open to new ideas and always hold a space for those who want to share their thoughts and visions for the industry. We also want to see each other grow personally and professionally and to really enjoy being part of a unique company.
Your portfolio should show a combination of strong technical experience and design ideas.
To apply please submit no more than ten pages of your best work and a single page CV including availability and salary expectations in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org.