The core activities outlined below represent an overview of the position of a Designer and should not be seen as a prescriptive list of activities. The level of additional activities will vary depending on the demands of the core role. A flexible responsive approach is vital, together with initiative in identifying and focusing on what needs to be done in order to contribute to the achievement of business objectives and innovation in design.
AIM OF THE ROLE
To work within a wider MCM team to contribute and sometimes lead the design of MCM. The role involves all stages of a project ranging from taking responsibility for developing a brief with a client and leading the design through the various stages of design to delivery on site. Company policies and procedures must be adhered to in all activities. MCM follow a project quality plan supporting this process which will be presented at induction. Company policies and procedures must be adhered to in all activities.
Creativity / Design
- Responsible for the development of the project design concept
- Establish key design criteria and ensure that it is embodied in the whole design
- Ensure that all members of the design team are familiar with the key design parameters
- Assist in production of design presentations and supporting material
- Lead the design stage presentation preparation process and ensure that all presentations are clean, focused, relevant and on time
- Assist in the project quality plan and ensure that it is implemented at all stages on the project where appropriate Project
- Work collaboratively with a wide project team including Creative and Design Directors to produce and deliver various project work stages on time and to the best possible standard
- Support the MCM project design team ensuring all deadlines are met in accordance with project programme, involving design presentations, technical submissions, critical work stage reports, and many other types of information.
- Contribute and in some instances, deliver client presentations on design schemes.
- Assist in Production and Technical Information on Architectural and Interior Projects
- Attend MCM Seminars as may be of benefit to you in your role.
- Represent MCM Architecture and promote our services to Client bodies and all other consultants and associated bodies at industry events. These events may occur outside of core working hours.
- Be involved in MCM initiatives that champion best practice, excellence in design and progressive direction in the field.
One Team – All Strong, All Different, All Supportive – The Same Goal
- Encourage freedom of individual expression
- Work together to achieve team goals
- We are accountable for our individual responsibilities first
- Put special effort into supporting each other to maximize potential
- Identify problems and resolve conflicts within the team
- Employ the power of positive peer relationships
Passionate and Inspiring – Delivering with Compelling Enthusiasm and Creativity
- Don’t just say, do: lead by example
- Demonstrate lateral thinking to solve challenges
- Experiment and be prepared to fail; we will support you
- Objectively listen to other people’s point of view; challenge and suggest something different
- Debate and explore potential
- Discuss ideas and share what excites us
Honesty & Integrity – Doing What’s Right, Not What’s Easy
- Openness in all our dealings
- We do what we say and when we say we’ll do it
- We treat all fairly
- We listen carefully to understand and address the real needs of our clients within the framework of the contract
- We do not shy away from commercial discussions with clients when needed
Pushing the Boundaries – An Entrepreneurial Spirit
- ‘Can do’ attitude
- Be adventurous and learn from mistakes
- Be passionate and inquisitive about what you do
- Challenge what’s possible and be optimistic about the possible
- Empowered to challenge one and all
- Stretch ourselves in the pursuit of excellence
Nurturing – Releasing the Potential of Our People
- Give honest and constructive feedback
- Support each other to achieve aspirational goals
- Recognise when colleagues are under pressure and offer support
- Actively encourage each other to push the boundaries
- Listen, hear and understand
Please submit a CV and no more than five pages of your best work in PDF format to: email@example.com