Project Support Analyst
Designing the ‘future of work’ has never been more exciting; with disrupted norms and tremendous opportunities to align brand, office, culture and employee experience to create the next generation of workplaces. Our role requires a junior with a year or two of working experience that is interested in this emerging field of work, with an opportunity to grow and develop the role as the needs of our clients reshape over the coming years.
The ideal candidate must be detail orientated and enjoy setting up systems and processes to support the wider team, have strong skills in data collection and analysis and the ability to turn that data into meaningful outputs. They will provide the rigour and evidence required to build a case for change and so strong communication skills and visual presentation skills are a must. Supporting with the administration, tools and systems that keep our projects running smoothly, they will be a critical and central role in the team, so a calm, confident and highly organised working style is a must.
This role sits within the Consultancy Team which consists of workplace consultants and behavioural change consultants.
Project Support & Infrastructure Development
- Taking responsibility for the seamless support of integrated projects;
- Planning and co-ordinating meetings and tasks across cross-functional teams and external partners
- Ensure that project documents are complete, current, and appropriately saved into relevant drives and that relevant parties have access
- Able to support the associate director to monitor and track risks and issues and support on financial monitoring including updating project cashflows, monitoring costs against resources and reporting on status to senior management
- Provide active support in ensuring that communication between the project team and stakeholders are managed so that all relevant parties receive effective communication
- Prepared for and attended regular meetings, taking minutes/actions as required
- Build on the existing project infrastructure by adding tools, processes and systems as they are developed, creating libraries, master documents, templates and tools as appropriate
- Shall we add a point about being able to support with story telling from taking from client briefs and data into meaningful bite size stories
- Support the team tracking insights and researching topics relevant to work being driven
- Strong data analysis and adept and drawing meaningful insights from large and complex datasets
- Performance tracking, identifying trends and patterns and presentation of findings
- Able to clearly communicate technical concepts to technical and non-technical audience
- Engaging with stakeholders across all levels of an organisation
- Experience working in a fast-paced, complex stakeholder environment
- Able to manage multiple priorities
- Function effectively independently or collaboratively within teams
- Providing evidence and rationale for change
Are you an MCM’er?
If you are passionate about Design, interested in the future of work, sustainability, well-being, and you love working in a collaborative team with super influential people, then we are the team for you.
We are always open to new ideas and always hold a space for those who want to share their thoughts and visions for the industry. We also want to see each other grow personally and professionally and to really enjoy being part of a unique company.
Apply with your CV by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
Project Support Analyst