Senior & Mid-Weight Designers
Position: Senior & Mid-Weight Designers
Join the Award-winning Architects, Designers, Workplace Strategists & Behavioural Change Consultants of today.
MCM are looking for a Senior Designer to join their super skilful Design team who are behind some of the most innovative and stunning workplace HQs in Europe, such as Hyperion (Mixology Winner of 2021), Apple, Estee Lauder, Anglo American DeBeers, ITV, Channel 4, Conde Nast International, Rolex and many more.
To work within a wider MCM team to contribute and sometimes lead the design of MCM projects as well as contributing to the success of MCM in more ways than just delivering projects. The role involves managing all stages of a project ranging from taking responsibility for developing a brief with a client and leading the design through the various stages of design to delivery on site. Bring your creative spark to projects and be proactive in nurturing and mentoring junior staff. Get involved in company-wide initiatives and develop your own areas of special interests which could be for example workplace strategy, sustainability, wellness, design or technical excellence. Develop client relationships and be a great ambassador for MCM. Most importantly bring your passion for great design and be yourself.
Creativity and Design
- Responsible for the development of the project design concept
- Establish key design criteria and ensure that it is embodied in the whole design
- Ensure that all members of the design team are familiar with the key design
- Assist in production of design presentations and supporting material
- Lead the design stage presentation preparation process and ensure that all
- presentations are clean, focused, relevant and on time
- Assist in the project quality plan and ensure that it is implemented at all stages on
- the project where appropriate
- Work collaboratively with a wide project team including Directors to produce and
- deliver various project work stages on time and to the best possible standard
- Support the MCM project design team ensuring all deadlines are met in
- accordance with project programme, involving design presentations, technical
- submissions, critical work stage reports, and many other types of information
- Contribute and in some instances, deliver client presentations on design schemes
- Assist in production and technical information on architectural and interior
- Attend MCM Seminars as may be of benefit to you in your role
- Represent MCM and promote our services to client bodies and all other consultants and associated bodies at industry events. These events may occur outside of core working hours
- Be proactive in developing your own network and business development opportunities
- Be part of the work winning process of fee proposal writing, fees and preparing for and attending and presenting at interviews.
- Experience using AutoCAD, Sketchup, 3D Max, Adobe Creative suite.
- Knowledge of Revit and Enscape
- Fully conversant with all RIBA Stages.
- Comfortable and effective working with and influencing multiple stakeholders at
- senior levels
- Effective project management and organisational skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and focusses on quality
- Strong use of initiative and able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Strong interpersonal communication and presentation skills
- Strong time management skills
- Flexible working (WFH and use of office at The Ministry)
- Free Gym access and classes at The Ministry
- Pension Plan
- Private Healthcare
- Social Days (Award Ceremonies, Team days, Industry Events)
- Your Birthday off!
- Free talks at The Ministry
- We are BCORP Certified!
Are you an MCM’er?
If you are passionate about Design, interested in the future of work, sustainability, well-being, and you love working in a collaborative team with super influential people, then we are the team for you.
We are always open to new ideas and always hold a space for those who want to share their thoughts and visions for the industry. We also want to see each other grow personally and professionally and to really enjoy being part of a unique company.
Apply with your CV by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
Senior & Mid-Weight Designers